Note that KIDA website may perform statistical analyses of user behaviour in order to measure interest in the various areas of our site (for program interest analysis purposes). Personal information about you as an individual subscriber will not be provided to any third party without your consent, except under the circumstances described in Compliance with Legal Process below.
1. Protecting your privacy
- We don’t share your information with third parties for marketing purposes.
- We don’t engage in cross-marketing or link-referral programs with other sites.
- We don’t employ tracking devices for marketing purposes (“cookies”, “web beacons,” single-pixel gifs).
- We don’t send you unsolicited communications for marketing purposes.
- Account information is password-protected. Keep your password safe.
- Forums use basic webserver authentication. Close your browser to log out.
- Kitojo Integrated Development Association does not knowingly collect any information from persons under the age of 14. If kidauganda.org learns that a posting is by a person under the age of 14, kidauganda.org will remove that post.
- Kitojo Integrated Development Association or people who post on kidauganda.org, may provide links to third party websites, which may have different privacy practices. We are not responsible for, nor have any control over, the privacy policies of those third party websites, and encourage all users to read the privacy policies of each and every website you visit.
2. Data we collect
- We may collect your email address, for purposes such as sending self-publishing and confirmation emails, authenticating user accounts, providing subscription email services, registering for forums, etc.
- For subscribers, jobs seekers, donors, scholarship seekers, we may collect contact information, such as name(s), phone/fax number(s), and address for billing or contact purposes.
- We may collect your phone number for account authentication purposes, and may transmit it to a third party service for tele-robotic verification.
- Kidauganda.org does not store credit card information. Credit card transactions are transmitted to a financial gateway network for good, and we endeavor to protect the security of your payment information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology.
- We may collect personal information if you provide it in feedback or comments, post it on our classifieds or interactive forums, or if you contact us directly. Please do not post any personal information on kidauganda.org that you expect to keep private i.e. you can only post in open forums for people to view your information.
- Our web logs collect standard web log entries for each page served, including your IP address, page URL, and timestamp. Web logs help us to diagnose problems with our server, to administer the kidauganda.org site, and to otherwise provide our service to you.
- User surveys greatly help us to improve our website, and any information we obtain in such surveys will not be shared with third parties, except in aggregate form.
- E-Mail is an easy way for KIDA website users to send articles to us. The e-mail address(es) that you supply to use this service will only be used to send the requested article.
- Except as permitted by this policy, kidauganda.org does not send unsolicited e-mail.
3. Data we store
- All articles and postings are stored in our database, even after “deletion,” and may be archived elsewhere.
- Our web logs and other records are stored indefinitely.
- Although we make good faith efforts to store the information in a secure operating environment that is not available to the public, we cannot guarantee complete security.
4. Archiving and display of WeInformers.net postings by search engines and other sites
Search engines and other sites not affiliated with WeInformers.net – including archive.org, google.com, and groups.yahoo.com – archive or otherwise make available WeInformers.net postings.
5. Circumstances in which KIDA may release information
- Kitojo Integrated Development Association may disclose information about its users if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such disclosure is reasonably necessary to respond to subpoenas, court orders, or other legal process.
- protect the personal safety or property of our users or the public (among other things, this means that if you provide false information or attempt to pose as someone else, information about you may be disclosed as part of any investigation into your actions).
6. International Users
By visiting our web site and providing us with data, you acknowledge and agree that due to the international dimension of KIDA Uganda we may use the data collected in the course of our relationship for the purposes identified in this policy or in our other communications with you, including the transmission of information outside your resident jurisdiction. By providing us with your data, you consent to the transfer of such data to any of the places where our servers may be located or to our partners including but not limited to the Friends of Ruwenzori.
We welcome your feedback on this document in admin[@]kidauganda.org